Bird Conservation Society of Thailand (BCST)
Mission of the organisation
BCST advances the knowledge of birds through birdwatching, education, and field projects.
- Birdwatching and nature education camps and workshops
- Education brochures and other materials
- Exhibitions bird surveys and information gathering
- Habitat protection and species conservation projects
- Donations of funds and equipment to hard-pressed Protected Area staff
- Lobbying government for better laws and improved conservation action on the ground
- Publicising threats to birds and their habitats in the media
- Supplying information to and working closely with Thai government agencies and international conservation bodies on bird conservation matters in Thailand and the Asia region
Find out more
Today, BirdLife announced an ambitious new collaboration with the Asian Development Bank and the East Asian-Australasian Flyway Partnership to protect wetlands along one of the world’s major bird migration routes.
For a suspenseful three years, Lomphat Wildlife Sanctuary seemed doomed. But now, changed policies, changed hearts and a new organic rice scheme promises hope for the forest landscape’s villagers, businesses and giant birds.