At BirdLife International, we believe in the importance of taking action to protect and conserve nature. We use our insights and expertise to guide our efforts and make a meaningful impact. We also recognise the power of collaboration, and work with our community and partners to achieve our goals.
We strive to be champions of change, driving positive transformation for the natural world. We are truly international; we celebrate and promote diversity in all of our efforts.
We are deeply grateful for your support. We will always strive to build meaningful relationships as we work towards our shared vision of a healthy and sustainable planet, for birds and people.
Our promise to supporters:
• We will treat all supporters fairly and honorably, in accordance with our Vulnerable Persons Policy.
• We will be honest and apologise if we make a mistake and learn from our experiences to do better.
• We’ll only contact you in the ways you prefer to keep you informed about the impact of your support, including updates on the progress of our projects and the impact we are having together.
• We will respect your privacy and personal preferences; you can opt out of receiving communications from us by emailing [email protected] or calling our Supporter Care team We will respect your decision and action your request within 28 days, as per the Fundraising Preference Service guidelines.
• Depending on your preferences, we will keep in touch via email, telephone call and post.
• Your personal information is safe with us. We’ll only ask for details that are relevant and necessary and adhere to the General Data Protection Regulation (2018) and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations.
• We never sell or share your information with anyone else, except when working on our behalf.
• We will fundraise and ensure that BirdLife International has the resources it needs to protect and conserve nature effectively.
• If you do not wish to receive fundraising communications from us via any method, just let us know.
• We’ll let you know exactly where your money goes and how it’s used to protect and restore, the planet for nature, birds and people.
• We may occasionally use fundraising partners to contact you on our behalf, but we carefully select partners who align with our values and follow our guidelines. All fundraising partners are contractually obligated to comply with the fundraising code of conduct.
• When using a telephone agency, we will check against the Telephone Preference Service and only contact supporters who have opted in to hearing from us by telephone.
• We’re members of the Fundraising Regulator, we follow their codes of fundraising practise.
If you have any questions or concerns, our Supporter Care team is available from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. We strive to answer your calls promptly and acknowledge your emails within 48 hours on weekdays. View our contact details.
If you have any concerns about the way we communicate with you, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We welcome your feedback and take any complaint seriously. You can also view our complaints procedure.
BirdLife International seeks to spend your donations as efficiently as possible for the greatest good, as such for every £1 we receive, 96p is spent on our charitable goals. You can read more in our 2021 annual review.