Bird Conservation Nepal (BCN)
Mission of the organisation
Bird Conservation Nepal is dedicated to conserve bird and biodiversity benefiting people having a vision that “Birds and biodiversity thriving in Nepal and benefiting people” with the goal as “Contribute to Birds and Biodiversity Conservation for benefiting people”.
- Conduct and collaborate research projects on various GTS and IBAs with government and international partners.
- Assess and address threat levels of IBAs.
- Conservation of vultures in six different sites through people’s participation and support in livelihood activities.
- Awareness and advocacy with government and concerned organisation
- Regular update on status of Nepal’s birds.
- Develop common bird surveys in urban areas and maintain common bird database.
- Organise public awareness events and school education programme (events like wildlife week, environment day, wetland day, migratory bird day, conservation day, earth day, sparrow day, biodiversity day, BCN day, warden seminar, etc)
- Awareness and monitoring for illegal bird trade control.
Find out more
Soaring high across the sky, vultures have long inspired humans, yet many of these iconic birds are highly threatened. On International Vulture Awareness Day, we celebrate the global efforts to change the fortunes of these iconic birds of prey.
Today, BirdLife announced an ambitious new collaboration with the Asian Development Bank and the East Asian-Australasian Flyway Partnership to protect wetlands along one of the world’s major bird migration routes.