Association for the Conservation of Biodiversity of Kazakhstan (ACBK)
Mission of the organisation
- To ensure the conservation and sustainable use of biodiversity of Kazakhstan
- To engage and actively inform people on biodiversity importance for the future generations
- To improve biodiversity research and monitoring methods
- To develop and assist local nature conservation groups and student clubs
- Development and implementation of the projects aimed at conservation of important wildlife areas, including IBAs
- Studying biology and status of populations of key animal species, development and implementation of Action plans for their conservation
- Lobbing improvement of the conservation policy in Kazakhstan
- Raising awareness of national and international public on conservation issues and the importance of Kazakhstan for the global biodiversity conservation agenda
- Extension of ACBK network with the priority of establishing new branches and conservation groups in the most important regions
Fishes, snails, plants, subterranean salamanders and more, the Mediterranean Basin Hotspot is globally important for its freshwater biodiversity. This vital habitat is of course vital for human life too, and as the demand for water increases, so can pressures on biodiversity.
Halting and reversing global biodiversity loss has never been as urgent as now. Ecosystems support all life on earth and the healthier they are, the healthier we and our planet are. It’s time to restore nature, and we at BirdLife believe the most effective way to do so is through a local to global approach.