Association for the Conservation of Biodiversity of Kazakhstan (ACBK)
Mission of the organisation
- To ensure the conservation and sustainable use of biodiversity of Kazakhstan
- To engage and actively inform people on biodiversity importance for the future generations
- To improve biodiversity research and monitoring methods
- To develop and assist local nature conservation groups and student clubs
- Development and implementation of the projects aimed at conservation of important wildlife areas, including IBAs
- Studying biology and status of populations of key animal species, development and implementation of Action plans for their conservation
- Lobbing improvement of the conservation policy in Kazakhstan
- Raising awareness of national and international public on conservation issues and the importance of Kazakhstan for the global biodiversity conservation agenda
- Extension of ACBK network with the priority of establishing new branches and conservation groups in the most important regions
An exciting new partnership between the Ecological Restoration Fund and BirdLife International and its UK partner, the RSPB, will help support extensive conservation and restoration work along the African-Eurasian flyway, helping to protect vital landscapes and the millions of birds that journey along this route.
Press release – EU Nature Restoration Law: AGRI Committee votes against farmers’ future and food security
This afternoon, the Committee on Agriculture and Rural Development (AGRI) of the European Parliament voted for a full rejection of the Commission’s proposal for the EU Nature Restoration Law. With this opinion, the bulk of Members of Parliament is letting down their own constituency of farmers, who are facing the unprecedented impact of the collapse of our ecosystems and climate change.
BirdLife’s new position paper Winds of Change: Powering Healthy Seas through a Nature Positive Energy Transition presents a clear vision for our seas and outlines how the shift to renewable energy sources at sea can catalyse action to combat the interconnected nature and climate crises.