Ireland - BirdWatch Ireland
Founded in: 1968
Address: Unit 20, Block D, Bullford Business Campus, Kilcoole, IE
Tel/Fax: Tel. +353 1 281 9878; Fax +353 1 281 0997
Mission of the organisation
To Protect and Study Birds and their Habitat.
- Research and Surveys
- Site Protection and Land Management
- Lobbying and Advocacy
- More than 2,000 visitors took part in BirdWatch Ireland's open day, "Discovering Birds at Bull Island"
- 21 branches organised events around the National Dawn Chorus Day, the fourth year the event has been held
- Branch volunteers organised a total of 369 nationwide events, raising awareness of the organisation and the work it carries out
- Opened a new branch in West Kerry
- Published planing and site protection guidelines, and held a workshop on the topic
- The Cape Clear Bird Observatory national appeal raised in excess of US$33,000;
- The Seabird 2000 programme surveyed seabirds at the largest seabird colonies of international importance. Ireland hosts Europe's healthiest population of Roseate Terns
- Made 20 site protection interventions, each in response to development pressure affecting a SPA. Of the 20 interventions, in five cases the threat was removed, in two the decision went against conservation and the outcome of the remaining cases is awaited
This page represents NGOs/civil society organisations and not nations or states.