Nepal - Bird Conservation Nepal (BCN)
BirdLife Partner Designate
Mission of the organisation
Bird Conservation Nepal is dedicated to conserve bird and biodiversity benefitting people having a vision that “Birds and biodiversity thriving in Nepal and benefiting people” with the goal as “Contribute to Birds and Biodiversity Conservation for benefiting people”.
- Conduct and collaborate research projects on various GTS and IBAs with government and international partners.
- Assess and address threat levels of IBAs.
- Conservation of vultures in six different sites through people’s participation and support in livelihood activities.
- Awareness and advocacy with government and concerned organisation
- Regular update on status of Nepal’s birds.
- Develop common bird surveys in urban areas and maintain common bird database.
- Organise public awareness events and school education programme (events like wildlife week, environment day, wetland day, migratory bird day, conservation day, earth day, sparrow day, biodiversity day, BCN day, warden seminar, etc)
- Awareness and monitoring for illegal bird trade control.
- Toolkit for Ecosystem Services Site-based Assessment (TESSA) developed and Ecosystem services in all 27 IBA sites assessed.
- National report on ‘Conserving biodiversity and delivering ecosystem services at Important Bird Areas in Nepal’ published and launched in COP 11 side event in Hyderabad.
- Second issue of Ibisbill Journal, Ghodaghodi Lake Area IBA Bird Checklist.
- Survey of Cheer Pheasant and Hornbill and Manasalu conservation area done.