Uzbekistan Society for the Protection of Birds (UzSPB)
The mission of UzSPB is the conservation of birds as indicators of environment, conservation of bird habitats and other elements of biodiversity with development of conservation initiatives, close cooperation with state, non-governmental and local organizations. We support increase of numbers of professional ornithologists and conservation specialists.
- To propose and prepare the documentation for new protected areas based on the outcomes of the IBA inventory for Uzbekistan
- To develop and implement an IBA monitoring programme
- To improve the conservation status of priority IBAs through the development of Site Management Plans (in the case of Protected Areas) and Site Action Plans (for currently unprotected sites)
- To conduct research of rare and globally threatened bird species and develop plans and strategies for their conservation
- To inform people, scientific community and decision-making persons about problems of key species and key conservation issues, and about UzSPB and their activities
- To develop and widen the UzSPB network to promote representation among the country’s key conservation area
BirdLife, alongside seven other European NGOs, have voiced significant concerns regarding the dissemination of inaccurate information pertaining to European wolves by the President of the European Commission.
After another summer with extreme weather, EU decision-makers are returning to their desks in Brussels. Meaning, it’s time to get back to those debates that matter most for nature and our future. Here’s what to look out for: