Ukrainian Society for the Protection of Birds (USPB)
The mission of USPB is to conserve the biodiversity of Ukraine by saving birds, sites and biotopes.
- Study and preservation of birds, their natural habitats, rehabilitation of deteriorated habitats
- Developing the network of coordinators and caretakers to monitor Important Bird Areas and conduct other activities
- Advocating and assisting in the establishment and supervision of reserves within areas important for one or several threatened bird species
- Cooperating with governmental agencies to improve environmental legislation and its implementation
- Organising conferences, meetings, discussions, lectures, contests, exhibitions, courses, field trips and other events to promote ornithological and environmental ideas
- Organising and promoting ecotourism activities
- Publications about birds, nature, sustainable use of natural resources
- Establishing regional branches, maintaining membership base
- Soliciting volunteers for practical work
- Working closely with teachers in an effort to engage students
- Emphasising the importance of membership
- Carrying out assessment of the impact of wind farm developments on ornithological interests
BirdLife, alongside seven other European NGOs, have voiced significant concerns regarding the dissemination of inaccurate information pertaining to European wolves by the President of the European Commission.
After another summer with extreme weather, EU decision-makers are returning to their desks in Brussels. Meaning, it’s time to get back to those debates that matter most for nature and our future. Here’s what to look out for: