Ukrainian Society for the Protection of Birds (USPB)
The mission of USPB is to conserve the biodiversity of Ukraine by saving birds, sites and biotopes.
- Study and preservation of birds, their natural habitats, rehabilitation of deteriorated habitats
- Developing the network of coordinators and caretakers to monitor Important Bird Areas and conduct other activities
- Advocating and assisting in the establishment and supervision of reserves within areas important for one or several threatened bird species
- Cooperating with governmental agencies to improve environmental legislation and its implementation
- Organising conferences, meetings, discussions, lectures, contests, exhibitions, courses, field trips and other events to promote ornithological and environmental ideas
- Organising and promoting ecotourism activities
- Publications about birds, nature, sustainable use of natural resources
- Establishing regional branches, maintaining membership base
- Soliciting volunteers for practical work
- Working closely with teachers in an effort to engage students
- Emphasising the importance of membership
- Carrying out assessment of the impact of wind farm developments on ornithological interests
With spring migration season in full swing, we talk to João Guilherme, lead author of a study exploring the migratory patterns of birds along the African-Eurasian flyway and how their epic journeys link countries.
Support BirdLife’s advocacy work to make leaders listen to the science, and put in place the vital policies and investments to ensure nature is at the heart of solving the climate crisis.