SEO/BirdLife has been working on the conservation of birds and their habitats, since it was founded in 1954, conducting scientific studies, disseminating knowledge, performing activities related to international cooperation and developing environmental programs with volunteers.
- Conservation of bird species, identifying the threats that cause this situation and proposing conservation measures to improve their status.
- Conservation of areas, identifying Important Bird Areas and developing monitoring programs of the conservation status of these areas; managing appropriate statutory, administrative or contractual plans for Natura 2000 network areas; participating in advisory councils and governing boards of the protected natural areas.
- Study of bird populations and migratory movements by bird ringing and technologies as geolocation and remote monitoring of birds.
- Conservation of wetlands and protected areas Natura 2000 water dependent.
- Contribution to the maintenance of nature-friendly agriculture practices, as well as for the sustainable development of rural areas working on land stewardship with owners and users.
- Conservation of seabirds and their habitat, maintaining different lines of work related to those objectives: seabirds, threats and seas sustainability.
- Climate change, working on an effective reduction of emissions through awareness, scientific study and political pressure and on implementing measures to adapt to climate change.
- Educational programs often supported by different public and private institutions.
- Promote the ornithological tourism offering training tools and best practices information.