BirdLife Slovenia (DOPPS)
The mission of DOPPS – BirdLife Slovenia is to protect birds and their habitats through conservation work, research, education, popularisation and cooperation
- Preparation of a new breeding birds atlas for Slovenia
- Implementation of Natura 2000 – identification of SPAs in Slovenia, precise definition of boundaries, communication activities
- Nature conservation activities (Skocjan Bay, Corncrake protection, protection of Drava and Mura river floodplains)
- Species monitoring programme
- PR and education work (Acrocephalus, Svet ptic magazine, Leaflets)
- Popularisation of ornithology (photographic competition organised in conjunction with Mobitel, our main sponsor)
An exciting new partnership between the Ecological Restoration Fund and BirdLife International and its UK partner, the RSPB, will help support extensive conservation and restoration work along the African-Eurasian flyway, helping to protect vital landscapes and the millions of birds that journey along this route.
Press release – EU Nature Restoration Law: AGRI Committee votes against farmers’ future and food security
This afternoon, the Committee on Agriculture and Rural Development (AGRI) of the European Parliament voted for a full rejection of the Commission’s proposal for the EU Nature Restoration Law. With this opinion, the bulk of Members of Parliament is letting down their own constituency of farmers, who are facing the unprecedented impact of the collapse of our ecosystems and climate change.
BirdLife’s new position paper Winds of Change: Powering Healthy Seas through a Nature Positive Energy Transition presents a clear vision for our seas and outlines how the shift to renewable energy sources at sea can catalyse action to combat the interconnected nature and climate crises.