BirdLife Slovenia (DOPPS)
The mission of DOPPS – BirdLife Slovenia is to protect birds and their habitats through conservation work, research, education, popularisation and cooperation
- Preparation of a new breeding birds atlas for Slovenia
- Implementation of Natura 2000 – identification of SPAs in Slovenia, precise definition of boundaries, communication activities
- Nature conservation activities (Skocjan Bay, Corncrake protection, protection of Drava and Mura river floodplains)
- Species monitoring programme
- PR and education work (Acrocephalus, Svet ptic magazine, Leaflets)
- Popularisation of ornithology (photographic competition organised in conjunction with Mobitel, our main sponsor)
Today, the European Parliament voted on the revision of the EU Renewable Energy Directive (RED III). Sadly, the Parliament missed the chance to end support for burning forest biomass and to instead redirect misguided subsidies to real renewable energy sources.
BEUC, BirdLife, ECOS, T&E and WWF leave the EU Platform on Sustainable Finance. NGOs claim the European Commission has interfered politically in the group, and acted against evidence despite its legal obligation to follow science-based advice.