The mission of SOS/BirdLife is the research and conservation of nature, mainly birds and their habitats.
- Monitoring of birds and data gathering.
- Protection of SPAs/IBA.
- Practical activities for endangered bird species and the management of biotopes.
- Development of membership.
- Environmental education and public awareness-building for bird conservation: lectures, World Birdwatch, Spring Arrivals, Bird of the Year.
- Environmental policy: agriculture, national campaigns on hot issues, comments on new legislation.
BirdLife, alongside seven other European NGOs, have voiced significant concerns regarding the dissemination of inaccurate information pertaining to European wolves by the President of the European Commission.
After another summer with extreme weather, EU decision-makers are returning to their desks in Brussels. Meaning, it’s time to get back to those debates that matter most for nature and our future. Here’s what to look out for: