How BirdLife have helped
We have worked
- to identify the most important sites for migratory species
- with local people and the government to set up new protected areas
- to build stronger awareness of wetlands and their biodiversity
- strengthen enforcement to address the illegal hunting of birds at sensitive sites
- with our Partners on the ground, like BANCA in Myanmar, who need funds to travel to rural coastal areas, such as the Gulf of Mottama, the ‘winter crown jewel’ for Spoonies. They will give training to local people, forge local partnerships, and build the strength of these groups up so that as many as possible can protect the Spoonies and this amazing habitat that they call home during the winter.
Donating from the USA? Give tax efficiently with Friends of BirdLife International below.
Stay up to date
Sign up to receive the latest bird conservation news. You’ll also receive updates about our projects, science and other ways to get involved including fundraising.