Your new BirdLife website is launched!
The old website dated back to 2003 (which is an awfully long time in the web world). Just think - Facebook, Twitter and YouTube didn’t exist back then!
BirdLife’s new website is designed to reflect the BirdLife Partnership as it is today— a network of strong, contemporary, world-leading conservation organisations taking action for nature and people. Conserving the world's biodiversity is a complicated task, so we have endeavoured to make it as easy as possible for you to understand our work.
How have we changed?
- Simplified structure and navigation: you are only ever a couple of clicks away from material you want.
- Different routes to news stories: there are multiple ways to enter each of our pages and on each of them you will find the most recent and relevant news.
- Local to global: all regions have dedicated web space for more independence and for local perspectives on international issues.
- Global to local: one common structure wraps regional and global content so it is easier to find your way around.
- Focus on the audience: we give easy access to your areas of specific interest, such as Policy or Science or Support.
Additionally we have made the site mobile friendly so you can access it from the field.
Same but different
Our website continues to offer the great scientific content of our Data Zone and continues to provide News from all over the world. You can now find this information in whichever ways suit you: through receiving email alerts, through our social media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr); and the new website increasingly becomes the meeting point for our Partnership.
Any comments and suggestions for edits and additional content are welcome!