BirdLife Belarus (APB)
The mission of APB is the conservation of biological diversity for the benefit of the present and future generations and involvement of people in active nature protection activities.
- Study and conservation of wild birds
- Participation in restoration of populations of rare bird species, as well as species known to have been nest in the region previously
- Participation in detecting, conservation and restoration of habitats important for birds
- Involvement of people in practical activities aimed at conservation of wild bird species and their habitats; facilitating more active participation of the public in nature conservation activities
- Facilitating the wise use of natural resources
Email: [email protected]
Today, BirdLife International released the European Red List of Birds 2021. The Red List reviews the regional extinction risk of 544 bird species in over 50 countries and territories in Europe and follows the IUCN Red List Categories and Criteria applied at regional level. Each species extinction risk is evaluated from ‘Least Concern’ to ‘Extinct’.
This weekend we celebrate both World Migratory Bird Day and World Mental Health Day. For Claire Thompson, author of The Art of Mindful Birdwatching: Reflections on Freedom Being, bird flight is a symbol of freedom, representing the ability to soar through life without limitations.