Thursday, 22. August 2019 - 23:45
• Location: Cambridge, UK
• Full time: 35 hours per week
• Contract: 18 Month Fixed term contract
• Salary: £30,000 to £35,000 pro rata plus competitive 12% pension benefit
• Annual Leave: 25 days pro rata in year 1, increasing by 1 day pa to 28 days
BirdLife International is the world’s largest nature conservation partnership. Through our unique local-to-global approach, we deliver high impact and long-term conservation for the benefit of nature and people.
We are looking for a Web Manager to join our Communications team in the Global Secretariat to support the development of data-driven web systems that deliver on a number of BirdLife’s strategic priorities and to aim to fulfil the needs of a wide variety of users.
This person will define operational procedures, create required associated documentation and support the Information Management and Information Technology teams in developing the web strategy. In addition to this, they will support the development and improvement of BirdLife’s website, systems and web applications and provision of informed technical advice at all levels on a wide variety of BirdLife projects.
The ideal candidate will have
• Range of digital disciplines including: identifying and targeting audiences, digital product management, user design experience and content strategy
• Good knowledge of data analytics and business intelligence reporting
• Experience in web analytics to create and implement plans, to drive conversions, improve visitor interactions and optimise the performance of web functionality
• Have a working knowledge of a range of content management systems, including: Confluence, Word Press and Drupal
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical audiences
• Educated to a degree standard or equivalent professional qualifications (relevant experience will be considered)
• The right to work in the UK
• An interest in nature conservation would be an advantage
See the full job description
Closing date: 22 August 2019
Application: Applications should include a covering letter summarising the applicant’s suitability for the position, a detailed CV and contact details of two referees known to the applicant in a professional capacity. Applications should be sent by email, stating where the advert was seen, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be held on the 5 September 2019.