Call for tenders - ToR for a consultancy to develop a website and visual identity for an awareness and fundraising campaign
BirdLife Europe is the European Division of BirdLife International, and is one of the six BirdLife regional offices around the world. It is composed of an international team of permanent staff working on conservation, capacity building, policy, management, finance, fundraising, advocacy, science, communication, marketing and administration. Stichting BirdLife Europe supports the European and Central Asia Partnership of BirdLife International, which consists of 45 independent, grassroots Civil Society Organizations, governed by a democratic programme.
BirdLife International is a global Partnership of autonomous, national non-governmental conservation organizations, with a large grassroots membership, in 117 countries and territories. BirdLife works together as a Partnership to conserve wild birds, their habitats and global biodiversity, by working with people towards sustainability in the use of natural resources. BirdLife is the global authority on the status of bird species, has unparalleled technical expertise in bird and biodiversity assessment, and provides a global outreach through its national Partners and decentralized Secretariat.
Overall purpose of job
- To design and deliver an English language campaign website to be used as a platform for raising awareness and funds to fight the Illegal Killing of Birds in the Mediterranean. The website is to be delivered by the end of December 2018 and go live in January following a 2-week test period.
- We are looking for a creative agency which has visual storytelling and interactive data visualization in mind and is able to deliver both website development and graphic design services.
- We are looking for a mobile-friendly, vertical scrolling website with CSS animations to visually tell stories about bird migration and the illegal killing of birds, possibly using ArcGIS (to be discussed). You may want to look at these websites for inspiration:
- The fundraising aspect of the website will be done using DonorBox or Stripe (to be discussed).
- To propose and develop a multifunctional website with a fundraising component and an easy-to-use CMS (preferably an already existing solution); likely to incorporate established elements already in market
- To create a visual identity for the website, including social media materials (images, graphics, infographics and/or videos) that will be used for campaigning, raising awareness and fundraising
- To populate the initial website platform with a range of content (such as images and graphics, videos and animations, capabilities for fundraising and interactivity) agreed upon with the BirdLife Europe and Central Asia Communications team
- Report to the Digital Communications Officer
- Website to meet minimum standards of EU LIFE project websites
- Proven experience in coding, website development and delivery. Experience with CSS animations a strong asset. Data visualization skills and proficiency with ArcGIS also a strong asset.
- Proven experience in graphic design, branding and building visual identities.
- Imaginative and innovative track record.
- Respect for budget limitations and delivery timelines.
- Sympathy to and experience in the NGO movement and understanding of the BirdLife model, principles and way of working.
Limits of authority
All proposals to be approved by the Head of Communications of the European Division.
The price for the tender must be quoted in Euro. Tenderers from countries outside the Euro zone have to quote their prices in Euro. The price quoted may not be revised in line with exchange rate movements. It is for the tenderer to assume the risks or the benefits deriving from any variation.
How to apply
Prospective consultants or creative agencies are invited to submit proposals before 13 September 2018, 12:00 CET. The proposals should specify the following:
- Number of person days they would be ready to provide over 3 months;
- Daily rate and total proposed budget, VAT excluded;
- Competence/experience of the person who would actually be providing the service; CV and cover letter describing how the service is going to be rendered to be attached;
- Commitment to pursue the above mentioned objectives for the duration of the project;
- Date when consultant or creative agency would be able to start.
Please send your portfolio and project proposal to Christopher Sands at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include in the email subject: Consultancy - IKB Website