Senior Finance Officer
Thursday, 1. April 2021 - 23:45
Senior Finance Officer
• Location: Cambridge, UK
• Full time: 35 hours per week
• Contract: Open-ended
• Salary: circa £30,000 pro rata plus competitive 12% pension benefit
• Annual Leave: 25 days pro rata in year 1, increasing by 1 day pa to 28 days
BirdLife International is the world’s largest nature conservation partnership. Through our unique local-to-global approach, we deliver high impact and long-term conservation for the benefit of nature and people.
We are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and experienced individual for the position of Senior Finance Officer, to maintenance the appropriate financial transaction recording and processing within BirdLife to facilitate timely, effective and efficient management of the organisation’s financial resources.
The main responsibilities will include:
• Full operation and record maintenance for BirdLife’s central payroll systems, including for out posted staff.
• Monthly review and maintenance of the global Balance Sheet.
• Work with fundraising staff to prepare Gift Aid returns
• Supporting Finance Business Partners with month end accounts consolidation and forecasting, project and annual budget preparation work and project reporting
The ideal candidate will have:
• An accounting qualification or working towards gaining one
• Good attention to detail, and discretion with sensitive information
• Ability to work to deadlines and to organise work in a logical manner
• Proven track record of financial and administrative experience
• Good organisational skills
• Ability to work to deadlines and to prioritise and organise work in a logical manner to ensure capture of all financial data on to financial recording systems
• Good communication skills and the ability to work well with people from a wide variety of backgrounds
See the full job description.
Closing date: 01 April 2021
Application: Applications should include a covering letter summarising the applicant’s suitability for the position, a detailed CV and contact details of two referees known to the applicant in a professional capacity. Applications should be sent by email, stating where the advert was seen, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.