Research Assistant (State of the World's Birds)
Wednesday, 11. March 2020 - 23:45
Research Assistant (State of the World’s Birds)
• Location: Cambridge, UK
• Full time: 35 hours per week
• Duration: 1 year fixed-term contract, with the intention to extend (pending funding)
• Salary: £20,000 - £22,000 pro rata per annum (dependent on skills and experience), plus competitive 12% pension benefit
• Annual Leave: 25 days pro rata in year 1, increasing by 1 day per year to max 28 days
• Start date: ASAP, and no later than April 2020
BirdLife International is the world’s largest nature conservation partnership. Through our unique local-to-global approach, we deliver high impact and long-term conservation for the benefit of nature and people.
BirdLife’s Global Science Division seeks an enthusiastic Research Assistant to support the update and production of reports, case studies and other materials for State of the World’s Birds, one of BirdLife’s flagship science communication initiatives. This includes a report on what birds tell us about whether the 2020 targets have been met, due for launch in June.
• A degree in ecology, biology, zoology, environmental science or a related discipline.
• Excellent research, writing and data management skills.
• Competency with Microsoft Office, especially Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Good general knowledge of birds and conservation.
• The right to work in the UK.
• Previous experience in data assimilation and management for a conservation project.
• Previous experience of compiling case studies and reports.
• Good knowledge of Web of Science, Google Scholar or other academic databases.
• Web management, GIS, languages and other relevant skills will be considered.
See the full job description.
Closing date: 11 March 2020
Application: Applicants should include a covering letter summarising their suitability for the position, a detailed CV, and contact details of two referees known to them in a professional capacity. Applicants will need to be eligible to work in the UK. Applications should be sent by email, stating where the advert was seen, to: email@example.com
Interviews: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be held on 26 March 2020.