Regional Director, Americas
Wednesday, 1. May 2019 - 23:45
BirdLife International Regional Director for the Americas
Office Location: BirdLife Americas Regional Office in Quito, Ecuador. We are open to consider other locations within the Region, if a workable arrangement is possible.
BirdLife International is a partnership of national grass root conservation organisations present in 117 countries and territories. BirdLife International strives to conserve birds, their habitats and global biodiversity, working with people towards sustainability in the use of natural resources. BirdLife’s unique local – to - global approach enables us to deliver high impact and long term conservation for the benefit of nature and people.
We are seeking a charismatic individual with strong leadership skills and management experience to lead the overall responsibilities and functions of BirdLife International’s Americas Regional Office, in support of the network of BirdLife Partner organisations in the Americas. This person will be responsible for driving forward the implementation of the Americas Partnership priorities and overseeing the delivery of conservation work in line with the BirdLife Global Strategy and its Programmes. He or she will facilitate fundraising for our common work, promote joint initiatives, and represent BirdLife International in the region.
The Regional Director provides input into the global strategy, programmes and policies of BirdLife International, and as part of the Senior Management Team, is a member of the decision-making body of BirdLife’s Global Secretariat.
• Professional experience in management, coordination, governance, programme development, fundraising within an international conservation and/or sustainable development context;
• Strong leadership and people management skills, with experience of managing geographically dispersed teams;
• Good collaboration, facilitation and communication skills, with the ability to inspire and influence;
• Proven track record in strategic planning and organizational management;
• In depth knowledge of international conservation and sustainable development.
To apply, please email your CV and explanatory cover letter to email@example.com
marking your application with “Regional Director”
Closing date: 1 May 2019.
Interviews: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be held in May.