Monday, 5. July 2021 - 23:45
• Location: Quito, Ecuador
• Full time: 40 hours per week
• Contract: Open-ended
• Salary: $USD 24,000
• Annual Leave: 21 days pro rata in year 1, increasing by 1 day pa to 25 days
BirdLife International is the world’s largest nature conservation partnership. Through our unique local-to-global approach, we deliver high impact and long-term conservation for the benefit of nature and people.
We are looking for someone to assist, organize and coordinate office administration and finance issues in order to ensure organizational effectiveness, efficiency and safety.
This person will primarily be responsible for:
• Maintaining accurate and compliant financial records with the help of an external consulting firm to:
o Manage day-to-day accounting activities, processes and procedures
o Produce project reports as required including reviewing financial content
o Work closely with the Finance team for external audits and the ERP system
• Ensuring effective and efficient administration support
• Ensuring compliance with statutory records and procedures
• Organizing office operations and procedures
• Coordinating with IT department on all office equipment and programs
• Organizing meetings and travel arrangements
• Assisting in the recruitment of staff and providing orientation and training to new employees
The ideal candidate will have
• A degree or equivalent experience in business, financial or other relevant area
• Knowledge of audit procedures and risk management
• Knowledge of Ecuadorian employment laws and health and safety practice would be advantageous
• Knowledge of Government reporting and legislation
• Solid experience in administration, finance and human resources
• Good communication skills, including an aptitude for dealing diplomatically with people on all levels and of different cultures
• Fluency in Spanish and English essential. Portuguese or French are desirable
See the full job description.
Closing date: 5 July 2021
Application: Applicants should complete the online assessment found here. A detailed CV and contact details of two referees known to the applicant in a professional capacity should be sent by email, stating where the advert was seen, to: email@example.com
Interviews: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.