Marine Programme Officer for Doğa Derneği (BirdLife Turkey)
Saturday, 30. June 2018 - 23:45
Location: Izmir, Turkey
Duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinate the development of the marine component of Doga’s conservation work.
- Coordinate and report outputs of a multi-taxa observer programme to understand bycatch of vulnerable bird, sea turtle, sea mammal and turtle species in Turkey.
- Monitor and synthesise studies on conservation status and threat categories of Turkey’s marine biodiversity, and, to this end, form partnerships with academicians, national/international CSOs on behalf of Doga.
- Design and implement a strategy for identification of Marine Important Bird Areas in Turkey
- Contribute to the development of regional or national action plans and red-list assessments of key marine species.
- Contribute in other national marine biodiversity monitoring and research projects in Turkey, wherever possible and needed.
- Support preparation of peer review articles on status of marine biodiversity of Turkey.
- Willingness for forming good relations and partnerships with all groups in Turkey and elsewhere, working for conservation of birds and wider biodiversity.
- Openness and respect for different views and cultures in Turkey and globally.
- Being able to work as part of team and self-dedication/interest in conservation of birds and wider biodiversity.
- High flexibility for traveling for job-related field studies or other purposes.
- Being capable of flexible time management.
- Experience in Project Management.
- Fluent in verbal and academic English and preferably in another local language.
- BSc/MSc degree with proven experience in marine biodiversity research and conservation.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org