Key Biodiversity Areas Monitoring Officer for Doğa Derneği (BirdLife Turkey)
Saturday, 30. June 2018 - 23:45
Location: Izmir, Turkey
Duties and responsibilities:
- Contribute to development of the new Key Biodiversity Area (KBA) directory of Turkey.
- Monitor and synthesise studies on conservation status and threat categories of KBA trigger species, and, to this end, form partnerships with academicians, national/international CSOs and nature enthusiasts.
- Annually update status of KBAs of Turkey and integrate the data in World Bird and Biodiversity Database.
- Contribute in the development of regional or national action plans and red-list assessments of KBA trigger species.
- Contribute to national biodiversity monitoring and research projects in Turkey, wherever possible.
- Support preparation of peer review articles on status of KBAs of Turkey.
- Willingness for forming good relations and partnerships with all groups in Turkey and elsewhere, working for conservation of birds.
- Openness and respect for different views and cultures in Turkey and globally.
- Being able to work as part of team and self-dedication/interest in conservation of birds and biodiversity.
- High flexibility for traveling for job-related field studies or other purposes.
- Being capable of flexible time management.
- Experience in Project Management.
- Fluent in verbal and academic English and preferably in another local language.
- BSc/MSc degree or proven experience in biodiversity research and conservation.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org