IT Support Engineer
Monday, 7. May 2018 - 23:45
IT Support Engineer
• Location: Cambridge, UK
• Full time: 35 hours per week
• Contract: Open-ended
• Salary: up to £30,000 per annum plus competitive 12% pension benefit
• Annual Leave: 25 days pro rata per annum in year 1, increasing by 1 day pa to 28 days
BirdLife International is the world’s largest nature conservation partnership. Through our unique local-to-global approach, we deliver high impact and long-term conservation for the benefit of nature and people.
This role is responsible for providing technical services and technology support to our internal users within our organisation globally. Additionally the role is one to support, manage and maintain the organisations global server infrastructure and underlying systems.
The applicant will be responsible for the research and development of best practices for BirdLife’s IT infrastructure working with other functions within the organisation to ensure continued service availability.
This role requires an individual who will demonstrate competence in their own area, who can work with moderate guidance and manage and prioritise their own workload as well as work within a team environment.
The role requires a highly motivated, focused and ambitious individual to ensure our users receive exemplary service at all times.
The role requires an individual who is extremely approachable, flexible and ‘hands on’ in approach. No support task should be too small or too large without suitable time and consideration.
The ideal candidate will have:
• NVQ qualification in a relevant IT based subject or equivalent experience.
• MCSE certified or MCSA equivalent or relevant experience.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Networking, Windows OS, Microsoft Office, General Network, Server & PC Troubleshooting
• Strong background in working with Windows Server 2008 – 2016R2 and Windows server infrastructure including Active Directory, DFS
• Strong experience of the Windows Server stack, not exclusively but including:
o Microsoft SQL Server
o Server Manager
o RDS farm topology
• Good understanding of Microsoft Azure
• Knowledge of Windows desktop operating systems
• Knowledge of and a strong focus on IT Security principals
• Familiarity with one or more high level programming or scripting languages: PowerShell, VB, C, Java Script, HTML, PHP etc.
• Experience of collaborative software solutions, for example Confluence or SharePoint.
• Familiarity of Office 365
• Ability to work to own initiative and to problem solve in a logical and analytical manner.
• The right to work in the UK
A detailed job description can be found here.
Closing date: 7 May 2018
Application: Applications should include a covering letter summarising the applicant’s suitability for the position, a detailed CV and contact details of two referees known to the applicant in a professional capacity. Applications should be sent by email, stating where the advert was seen, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be held week commencing 14 May 2018.