Sunday, 22. October 2017 - 23:45
• Location: Cambridge, UK
• Full time: 35 hours per week
• Contract: Open-ended
• Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 per annum plus competitive 12% pension benefit
• Annual Leave: 25 days pro rata per annum in year 1, increasing by 1 day pa to 28 days
BirdLife International is the world’s largest nature conservation partnership. Through our unique local-to-global approach, we deliver high impact and long-term conservation for the benefit of nature and people.
This is an exciting opportunity to provide IT leadership within a global multi-site organisation that is making a real and positive difference in the world. You will be responsible for ensuring that BirdLife’s IT infrastructure is efficiently and effectively delivered to meet the organisation’s needs for the benefit of all staff and external stakeholders.
You will develop and maintain an IT strategy for the organisation and will take a leading role in implementing this strategy with help from across the organisation. You will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day provision of technical services and support as well as the management and maintenance of the organisation’s global server infrastructure and underlying systems. You will also perform a central role in an ongoing project to improve business processes such as project management.
You will work with a wide range of people within the organisation and externally and your ability to build positive relationships and engage effectively at all levels will be key to the success of the role.
You will deliver high quality work with minimal supervision and you will have a proven ability to manage and prioritise workloads in a changing environment with competing demands. You will be a highly motivated and focused individual who knows that outstanding IT provision is central to supporting the ambitious conservation goals of BirdLife.
The ideal candidate will have:
• BSc qualification in a relevant IT based subject or equivalent experience
• Substantial experience of managing an IT support facility within a multi-site organisation
• Experience of managing people, projects and budgets
• Practical knowledge of a broad range of IT disciplines and applications
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills targeting a range of different audiences.
A detailed job description can be found here.
Closing date: 22 October 2017
Application: Applications should include a covering letter summarising the applicant’s suitability for the position, a detailed CV and contact details of two referees known to the applicant in a professional capacity. Applications should be sent by email, stating where the advert was seen, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be held on 2 November 2017.