Important Bird Areas Monitoring Officer for Doğa Derneği (BirdLife Turkey)
Saturday, 30. June 2018 - 23:45
Location: Izmir, Turkey
Duties and responsibilities:
- Form alliances and partnerships with relevant stakeholders for effective monitoring of Important Bird Areas (IBAs).
- Monitor and synthesise studies on conservation status and threat categories of IBA trigger species in Turkey, and, to this end, form partnerships with academicians, national/international CSOs and birdwatchers.
- Contribute to development of the new IBA directory of Turkey
- Design monitoring programs for threatened bird populations at IBAs and for globally significant congregations along Turkey’s flyways
- Annually update status of Important Bird Areas of Turkey and integrate the data in World Bird and Biodiversity Database
- Contribute in the development of regional or national action plans and red-list assessments of IBA trigger species.
- Contribute in national bird monitoring and research projects in Tukey, wherever possible.
- Support all groups and initiatives and active use of eKusBank, to enhance the development of birdwatching in Turkey.
- Support preparation of peer review articles on status of IBAs of Turkey.
- Willingness for forming good relations and partnerships with all groups in Turkey and elsewhere, working for conservation of birds.
- Openness and respect for different views and cultures in Turkey and globally.
- Being able to work as part of team and self-dedication/interest in conservation of birds and biodiversity.
- High flexibility for traveling for job-related field studies or other purposes.
- Being capable of flexible time management.
- Experience in Project Management.
- Fluent in verbal and academic English and preferably in another local language.
- BSc/MSc degree or proven experience in bird research and conservation.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com