IBAT Finance & Administration Officer
Sunday, 13. May 2018 - 23:45
IBAT Finance and Administration Officer
• Location: Cambridge, UK
• Full time: 35 hours per week
• Contract: Open-ended
• Salary: £24,000 - £28,000 per annum, dependent on skills and experience, plus competitive 12% pension benefit
• Annual Leave: 25 days pro rata per annum in year 1, increasing by 1 day pa to 28 days
BirdLife International is the world’s largest nature conservation partnership. Through our unique local-to-global approach, we deliver high impact and long-term conservation for the benefit of nature and people.
We are looking for someone to:
• Handle all general IBAT office administration including organising internal and external meetings and IBAT documentation and files
• Act as communication focal point for IBAT including managing queries through general email addresses
• Coordinate and plan various IBAT activities
• Review, update and publish website content related to IBAT
• Manage IBAT accounts including processing invoices, reimburse IBAT expenses, key data into IBAT accounting system, develop regular financial reports as well as income and expenditure reports
• Handle data management including IBAT subscriptions and cross data checks
• Undertake financial reporting on IBAT, preparing accounts for IBAT and dealing with audit matters if relevant
• Update and develop communication materials in close collaboration with IBAT Manager
• Be flexible, adaptable and available to take on other tasks or duties as requested by IBAT Manager
• When necessary, attend relevant meetings both in the UK and internationally on behalf of IBAT
• Undertake other ad-hoc tasks related to admin and financial management of IBAT
This person will be responsible for all financial and related administrative matters of IBAT, and will report to, and work closely with, the IBAT Manager. In addition, the Finance and Administration Officer will partner with the IBAT Governance Committee and BirdLife Finance Manager, to develop and strengthen strategies relating to finance between IBAT and IBAT Alliance Partners. The Finance and Administration Officer will be playing an integral role within a growing team.
The ideal candidate will have
• The right to work in the UK
• Education to at least A level standard or equivalent
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Experience with project reporting and accounts preparation
• Experience in financial audits
• Accounts and accounting software experience- minimum 2 years
• IT literate- skills including advanced Excel, PowerPoint, Word
• Good administrative and organisational skills, including prioritisation and working to deadlines.
• Self-motivation and work with minimum supervision
• Good communication skills, including an aptitude for dealing with staff diplomatically on all levels and of different cultures.
• High levels of professionalism, initiative, energy, creativity, and flexibility
• Have excellent organisational and IT skills including Excel, PowerPoint, Word
• Foreign language skills an advantage but not required.
• Willingness to travel abroad
A detailed job description can be found here.
Closing date: 13 May 2018
Application: Applications should include a covering letter summarising the applicant’s suitability for the position, a detailed CV and contact details of two referees known to the applicant in a professional capacity. Applications should be sent by email, stating where the advert was seen, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be held week commencing 28 May 2018.