Sunday, 22. April 2018 - 23:45
• Location: Cambridge, UK
• Contract: Open ended
• Full time: 35 hours per week
• Salary: £24,000 pro rata per annum, plus competitive 12% pension benefit
• Annual Leave: 25 days pro rata per annum in year 1, increasing by 1 day pa to 28 days
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to apply your HR skills and experience to genuinely make a difference.
BirdLife International is the world’s largest nature conservation partnership. Through our unique local-to-global approach, we deliver high impact and long-term conservation for the benefit of nature and people.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced HR practitioner to join BirdLife at an exciting time of change and evolution. This person will be part of a global team, based at our headquarters housed within the David Attenborough Building in Cambridge. You will provide administrative and operational support to the global HR function and work in partnership with overseas colleagues to provide an effective HR service across a decentralised Secretariat. Specific responsibilities will include supporting the HR Advisor and Head of HR in the delivery of identified projects and initiatives, including (for 2018): job evaluation, induction, staff development and engagement.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Solid generalist HR background and good foundation knowledge of UK employment law
• An understanding of the key concepts of staff development, learning, motivation and evaluation
• Experience of working in a busy HR function, supporting operations and managing small scale HR projects
• Meticulous attention to detail and the ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
• The ability and confidence to communicate with and influence people of all levels across a culturally diverse workforce
• Part CIPD qualification, or the equivalent experience
A detailed job description can be found here.
Closing date: 22 April 2018
Application: Applications should include a covering letter, a detailed CV and contact details of two referees known to the applicant in a professional capacity. Applications should be sent by email, stating where the advert was seen, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be held on 4 & 10 May 2018.