HR Advisor (interim)
Wednesday, 6. June 2018 - 23:45
HR Advisor (interim)
• Location: Cambridge, UK
• Contract: 12 month fixed term contract (maternity cover)
• Full time: 35 hours per week
• Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 pro rata per annum, depending on experience, plus competitive 12% pension benefit
• Annual Leave: 25 days pro rata per annum in year 1
We are looking for an experienced HR professional to join our international team.
BirdLife International is the world’s largest nature conservation partnership. Through our unique local-to-global approach, we deliver high impact and long-term conservation for the benefit of nature and people. Join us, and you can apply your skills and experience to genuinely make a difference.
Based in the David Attenborough Building in Cambridge, you will be part of a globally focused HR team. Reporting to the Head of HR, and supported by an Officer and Assistant, you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of HR operations, as well as providing advice on policy and practice, and project support on the delivery of a variety of HR projects and initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Proven track record of delivering in a fast paced, generalist HR role;
• Strong project management and organisational skills, with good attention to detail;
• The ability and confidence to lead, mentor, and influence people across a culturally diverse workforce;
• Sound knowledge of UK employment law and good HR practice, with an ability to apply within an international context;
• A team player, with line management experience, and an ability to operate within a matrix management structure.
A detailed job description can be found here
Closing date: 6 June 2018
Application: Applications should include a covering letter, a detailed CV and contact details of two referees known to the applicant in a professional capacity. Applications should be sent by email, stating where the advert was seen and including details of availability to start, to: email@example.com
Interviews: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be held week commencing 11 June 2018.