Global Policy Officer
Sunday, 2. September 2018 - 23:45
Global Policy Officer
• Location: Cambridge, UK
• Full time: 35 hours per week
• Contract: Two years (may be extended)
• Salary: £26,000-£32,000 pro rata per annum (dependant on skills and experience), plus competitive 12% pension benefit
• Annual Leave: 25 days pro rata per annum in year 1, increasing by 1 day pa to 28 days
BirdLife International is the world’s largest nature conservation partnership. Through our unique local-to-global approach, we deliver high impact and long-term conservation for the benefit of nature and people.
We are seeking a highly motivated and focused individual to join the BirdLife Global Policy Team. You will work to deliver on a range of significant biodiversity policy and advocacy initiatives. A major focus will be on safeguarding biodiversity at sites and in the wider landscape through developing, disseminating and advocating best practice policy guidance on a range of development issues, including renewable energy developments, to key stakeholders. This will include supporting broader efforts across BirdLife to ensure biodiversity safeguards are embedded in policies of financing institutions, especially the multi-lateral development banks.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Degree (or equivalent experience) in a subject related to conservation or sustainable development
• A good understanding of renewable energy issues, including Environmental Impact Assessment and Strategic Impact Assessment
• Experience of conservation policy advocacy and the landscape of Multilateral Environmental Agreements and conservation finance
• Evidence of practice in conservation and/or energy and/or development policies
• Ability to deliver across multiple complex projects, demonstrating creativity and initiative
• Excellent interpersonal and team working skills
• The right to work in the UK
See the full job description.
Closing date: 2 September 2018
Application: Applications should include a covering letter summarising the applicant’s suitability for the position, a detailed CV and contact details of two referees known to the applicant in a professional capacity. Applications should be sent by email, stating where the advert was seen, to: email@example.com
Interviews: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be held w/c 17 September 2018 at BirdLife International in Cambridge, UK.