Monday, 27. August 2018 - 23:45
• Location: Cambridge, UK
• Full time: 35 hours per week
• Contract: Open-ended
• Salary: £25,000 - £28,000 pro rata per annum (dependent on skills & experience) plus competitive 12% pension benefit
• Annual Leave: 25 days pro rata per annum in year 1, increasing by 1 day pa to 28 days
BirdLife International is the world’s largest nature conservation partnership. Through our unique local-to-global approach, we deliver high impact and long-term conservation for the benefit of nature and people.
We are looking to expand our institutional fundraising team and are looking for someone who wishes to grow, hone and develop their fundraising skills. You will want to make a positive difference to nature conservation around the world, as well as learning new skills and gaining international experience and expanding your knowledge and horizons.
Working within our institutional fundraising team you will work as part of a team to:
1) Help identify new donors
2) Inspire, engage and take care of a number of our current donors
3) Work with staff to develop innovative and effective projects and package our nature conservation work for a range of institutional donors
4) Design and develop donor engagement and management tools
5) Develop courses and tools that can be used to strengthen the fundraising capacity of BirdLife staff and our network of 120 nature conservation Partners.
You will have the following skills and experience:
• Degree level education (preferably in a conservation related field);
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to inspire whilst conveying technical and scientific information;
• Good financial literacy (able to develop and understand realistic budgets);
• Be able to prioritise and work with minimal supervision but also work well with our team and wider teams of people from different cultures;
• A commitment to the development of civil society and biodiversity conservation;
• An international outlook with a working understanding of and respect for different cultures;
• A demonstrable track record in institutional fundraising;
• The right to work in the UK
See the full job description.
Closing date: 27 August 2018
Application: Applications should include a covering letter summarising the applicant’s suitability for the position, a detailed CV and contact details of two referees known to the applicant in a professional capacity. Applications should be sent by email, stating where the advert was seen, to: email@example.com
Interviews: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be held 6 September 2018