Thursday, 4. February 2021 - 23:45
• Location: Cambridge, UK
• Full time: 35 hours per week
• Contract: Open-ended
• Salary: circa £23,000-£25,000 pro rata plus competitive 12% pension benefit
• Annual Leave: 25 days pro rata in year 1, increasing by 1 day pa to 28 days
BirdLife International is the world’s largest nature conservation partnership. Through our unique local-to-global approach, we deliver high impact and long-term conservation for the benefit of nature and people.
We are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and experienced individual for the position of Finance Officer, to maintain the appropriate financial transaction recording and processing within BirdLife to facilitate timely, effective and efficient management of the organisation’s financial resources.
The main responsibilities will include:
• Maintain the creditors’ ledger, debtors’ ledger, general ledger so that they are accurate and up to date
• Monitor banks and assist the Financial Controller with cashflow forecasting
• Accounting for bank transactions on the accounting system working closely with the Fundraising department
• Assist with ERP implementation work and maintenance of the ERP system
The ideal candidate will have:
• An accounting qualification or working towards gaining one
• Good attention to detail, and discretion with sensitive information
• Ability to work to deadlines and to organise work in a logical manner
• Good basic understanding of UK tax, especially VAT
• Proven track record of accounting/bookkeeping experience
• Good organisational and administrative skills
• Ability to work to deadlines and to prioritise and organise work in a logical manner to ensure capture of all financial data on to financial recording systems
• Good communication skills and the ability to work well with people from a wide variety of backgrounds
See the full job description.
Closing date: 4 February 2021
Application: Applications should include a covering letter summarising the applicant’s suitability for the position, a detailed CV and contact details of two referees known to the applicant in a professional capacity. Applications should be sent by email, stating where the advert was seen, to: email@example.com
Interviews: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.