Friday, 18. September 2020 - 23:45
BirdLife International is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and experienced individual for the position of Finance Officer. The main responsibility will be to ensure effective financial management in the BirdLife West Africa Sub Regional Office in Dakar, as well as provide finance support to Partners in the PRCM Region.
1. Support financial management
o Prepare monthly accounts for Dakar office and ensure their timely submission after review by the Head of West Africa Sub-Regional Office to the Finance Coordinator.
o Ensure effective and efficient filing of finance documents in compliance with donor contracts and BirdLife procedures.
o Preparation of financial information, retrieving, photocopying & filing documents during audits.
o Assist with employee expense reports, checking for receipts and reconciliation of the same.
o Preparation of monthly bank and inter-branch reconciliation
o Prepare donor financial report and project progress reports to senior management and technical officers.
o Processing of payments on time including salaries and benefits to staff.
o Contribute to the preparation of quarterly budgets for cash flow requests.
o Ensure that procurement procedures are adhered to.
o Ensure financial rules and regulations are followed by staff, giving appropriate explanations and suggesting remedial or alternative action as appropriate.
o Verify availability of funds and provide financial clearance on requests/documents within authorized limits.
o Ensure deduction of taxes and other requisite benefits and payment made to the relevant government departments on time.
2. Fundraising/Grant Disbursements
o Supporting calls for proposals and review of grant applications.
o Contracting and disbursing grants.
o Reviewing grantees’ financial report.
Any other Duties as assigned by the Finance Coordinator.
Required skills, experience and qualifications:
• A degree in business administration, finance or professional accounting certification, ACCA, CPA
• Significant experience in applying administrative and financial procedures through progressive work in finance and accounting activities
• An excellent knowledge of Excel spreadsheets and good computer literacy in all standard Microsoft Office applications and social media
• Good knowledge of financial and programme management principles and practices
• Oral and written fluency in French and English
• High motivation and desire to achieve, excellent attention to detail and excellent organisational skills
• The ability to work to high standards within tight deadlines
• Team worker. Ability to work in a multicultural team.
• Experience in world class finance and accounting system and Senegalese laws and regulations
• Flexibility and ability to work independently
• Master’s degree is an added advantage
• Willingness to travel at short notice when required (but not much travel foreseen)
Application deadline: 18 September 2020
The position will be based in Dakar, Senegal.
Salary & benefits:
Commensurate with experience and qualifications and in accordance with BirdLife International, Africa Division terms and conditions.
• Gross monthly salary: USD 1500 – 1800
• Length/duration of this position: 1 year (renewable)
• Working hours: Full time 40 hours per week
• Date when the job expected to start: 1 Oct 2020
Applications, including a covering letter summarising the applicant’s suitability for the position, a detailed CV and names and contact addresses of three referees known to the applicant in a professional capacity, should be sent via email before the deadline to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.