Wednesday, 13. March 2019 - 23:45
• Location: Nairobi, Kenya
• Full time: 40 hours per week
• Contract: 1 year fixed term
• Salary: GBP 700 - 900 pro rata plus competitive 12% pension benefit
• Annual Leave: 22 days pro rata in year 1, increasing by 1 day pa to 25 days
BirdLife International is the world’s largest nature conservation partnership. Through our unique local-to-global approach, we deliver high impact and long-term conservation for the benefit of nature and people.
As the Finance Officer, you will perform a range of general clerical, accounting and bookkeeping support functions whilst working closely alongside the Finance Unit Coordinator for BirdLife International.
• Capturing of all transactions within the BirdLife Financial management systems and ensure effective filing
• Preparation of financial information, retrieving, photocopying and filing document during audits
• Assist with employee expense reports, checking for receipts and reconciliation of the same
• Providing accounting support for the projects
• Preparation of monthly bank and inter-branch reconciliation
• Ensure that BirdLife complies by ensuring that statutory deductions are remitted on time
• Support contracting and disbursement of small grants for the CEPF RIT Project
• Support the reviewing of CEPF-RIT grantees financial reports as well as supporting the preparation of donor financial reports
• Preparation of payment vouchers and cheques and ensuring that payments are made on time
The ideal candidate will have
• University degree in Accounting/Finance or CPA II qualifications
• Strong Microsoft skills, especially Excel
• Proven track record within a finance and administrative function
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and a strong ability to analyse problems
• Highly motivated with a strong desire to achieve results and the ability to work to a high standard with tight deadlines
• Oral and written fluency in English
See the full job description.
Closing date: 13 March 2019
Application: Applications should include a covering letter summarising the applicant’s suitability for the position, a detailed CV and contact details of two referees known to the applicant in a professional capacity. Applications should be sent by email, stating where the advert was seen, to: email@example.com
Interviews: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.