Sunday, 15. July 2018 - 23:45
• Location: Cambridge, UK
• Full time: 35 hours per week
• Contract: Open-ended
• Salary: circa £22,000 - £25,000 pro rata per annum dependent on experience plus competitive 12% pension benefit
• Annual Leave: 25 days pro rata per annum in year 1, increasing by 1 day pa to 28 days
BirdLife International is the world’s largest nature conservation partnership. Through our unique local-to-global approach, we deliver high impact and long-term conservation for the benefit of nature and people.
We are looking for someone to join our Finance Team in Cambridge. You will help with maintaining financial transaction recording and processing within the organisation to facilitate timely, effective and efficient management of the organisations financial resources. Responsibilities include maintaining the creditors, debtors and general ledgers, preparing tax returns (including VAT & Gift Aid), supporting the monthly management accounts process and assisting with audit preparations.
The ideal candidate will have
• Accounting/bookkeeping experience
• Good attention to detail and discretion with sensitive information
• Ability to work to deadlines and to organise work in a logical manner
• Good basic understanding of UK tax, especially VAT and payroll taxes
A detailed job description can be found here.
Closing date: 15 July 2018
Application: Applications should include a covering letter summarising the applicant’s suitability for the position, a detailed CV and contact details of two referees known to the applicant in a professional capacity. Applications should be sent by email, stating where the advert was seen, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be held w/c 23 July 2018.