Finance Business Partner
Tuesday, 30. March 2021 - 23:45
Finance Business Partner
• Location: Cambridge, UK
• Part time: 3 days per week
• Contract: 12-month Fixed Term Contract
• Salary: up to a pro rata of £40,000 (depending on experience) plus competitive 12% pension benefit
• Annual Leave: 25 days pro rata in year 1, increasing by 1 day pa to 28 days
BirdLife International is the world’s largest nature conservation partnership. Through our unique local-to-global approach, we deliver high impact and long-term conservation for the benefit of nature and people.
We are now seeking to recruit a self-motivated individual, with knowledge of UK company, taxation and charities legislation, for the position of Finance Business Partner.
Your main responsibilities will include:
• Supporting our financial operations around the world to enable us to optimise our resources and safeguard our assets.
• Providing support for financial planning, fundraising, systems development and training.
• Working with Divisional teams to support and challenge project proposals and project finances. Providing early warning of any financial risks and working with the project teams and divisions to mitigate these.
• Supporting the preparation of monthly management accounting packs (at global and regional level).
• Ensuring the provision of accurate and timely financial information along with financial insight on risks and opportunities
• Supporting the Implementation and review of financial systems and controls for international offices.
• Helping to ensure our financial and administrative affairs are carried out according to legal requirements.
• Supporting with audit process
• Providing financial advice to fundraisers putting together project proposals.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) and have:
• A significant track record of business, financial and other relevant administrative experience.
• The ability to guide, influence and challenge in a consistent and constructive way, and act as a “critical friend” to budget holders and other stakeholders.
• Good organisational skills, including prioritisation and working to deadlines.
• Strong communication skills, including an aptitude for dealing with staff diplomatically on all levels and of different cultures.
• A proven track record in building and maintaining effective relationships.
• The ability to proactively seek solutions and opportunities for continuous improvement.
• A creative, innovative and methodical approach to problem solving.
• An outward looking focus, with an ability to see the big picture.
• Good computer literacy including word processing, email, databases with higher expertise in spreadsheets
See the full job description.
Closing date: 01 April 2021
Application: Applications should include a covering letter summarising your suitability for the position, a detailed CV and contact details of two referees known to you in a professional capacity. Applications should be sent by email, stating where the advert was seen, to: email@example.com
Interviews: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and we reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.