Friday, 4. September 2020 - 23:45
• Location: Brussels, Belgium
• Full time: 37.5 hours per week
• Contract: 1 year fixed term
• Salary: 2500 EUR/month and benefits
BirdLife International is the world’s largest nature conservation partnership. Through our unique local-to-global approach, we deliver high impact and long-term conservation for the benefit of nature and people.
Working within a highly focused and collaborative Administration & Finance team, we are seeking to recruit a Finance Assistant to assist BirdLife Europe and Central Asia with the maintenance of the finances, accounting, administrative and statutory records. The Finance Assistant will work closely with a range of policy, conservation, fundraising and communications project managers.
We are looking for someone to do everyday accounting data entry bookkeeping, sales and purchase ledger, encoding invoices, journal entries, accruals, prepayments.
Carry out bank payments and reconciliations, updating cash management, staff expenses, verification of incoming payments, financial excerpts, operating the accounting system, reconcile inter branch monthly, ensure that all staff advances and credit cards are reported and corrected monthly
The ideal candidate will have
• Background in business or business related field such as business administration, finance or accounting
• Experience working with Winbooks general accounting and analytics system.
• Ability to run and process reports in Winbooks
• Good knowledge of Belgian and EU financial regulations;
• Good administrative and organisational skills, including prioritisation and working to deadlines.
• Good communication skills, including an aptitude for dealing with staff diplomatically on all levels and of different cultures.
• Good interpersonal, networking and team working skills with the ability to collaborate;
See the full job description.
Closing date: 4 September 2020
Application: Applications should be made in English, include a covering letter summarising the applicant’s suitability for the position, a detailed CV and contact details of two referees known to the applicant in a professional capacity. Applications should be sent by email, stating where the advert was seen, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be held remotely during the week of 14 September 2020