Finance and Administration Assistant, Lake Natron Ecotourism Project - Based in Arusha, Tanzania.
Wednesday, 27. September 2017 - 23:45
Finance and Administration Assistant, Lake Natron Ecotourism Project
BirdLife International is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and experienced individual for the position of Finance and Administration Assistant, BirdLife International. The main responsibility of the individual will be to provide finance and administrative support (accounting, bookkeeping, office support) for the effective and efficient implementation of the Lake Natron Ecotourism Project.
Specifically the individual will be required to:
• Provide support in capturing of all the financial transactions within the BirdLife Financial management systems and ensure effective filing
• Provide accounting support for the projects
• Supporting arranging conferences, workshops and other project meetings
• Assist in Planning field logistics
• Ensure that BirdLife complies by ensuring that statutory deductions are remitted on time and the returns done on time
• Support preparation of donor financial reports
• Preparation of payment vouchers and cheques and ensuring payments are made on time
• Coordinate timely financial reporting by project partners
• Any other Duties as assigned by the Line Manager
Qualification and Requirements:
• Degree in Accounting /Finance
• In-depth experience with Excel spreadsheets and experience in office administration a definite advantage
• Proven track record
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, fluency in English,
• Good organisational skills and interpersonal skills, with attention to detail, proactive and able to work to high standards with tight deadlines.
• High integrity, strong result orientation, drive for excellence and takes initiative;
• Ability to work with people with various levels of competence including government regulatory agencies
• Ability to analyse problems
• Team worker who can motivate others as well as him/herself
• High level of confidentiality and efficiency, flexibility and ability to work independently
• Computer literacy in all standard Microsoft office applications in particular MS Excel
• Experience with donor funded projects will be an added advantage.
• May travel once in a while to the project site
• Knowledge of and experience with Tanzania government regulatory environment an added advantage.
• Tanzanian or able to legally work in Tanzania
Application deadline: Wednesday, 27th September 2017
The position will be based in Arusha, Tanzania.
Salary & benefits:
Commensurate with experience and qualifications and in accordance with BirdLife International, Africa Division terms and conditions.
• Gross Salary: Tsh 20,736,547 per year
• Length/duration of this position: 36 months
• Working hours – Full time 40 hours per week
• Date when the job expected to start: 1st November 2017
A detailed job description can be found here.
Applications, including a covering letter summarizing the applicant’s suitability for the position, a detailed CV and names and contact addresses of three referees known to the applicant in a professional capacity, should be sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 27th September 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.