CONSULTANCY - End of Project Evaluation of Coastal Migratory Birds Project Phase 2 (CMB2)
Thursday, 10. May 2018 - 23:45
CONSULTANCY - End of Project Evaluation of Coastal Migratory Birds Project Phase 2 (CMB2) – Strong capacity and targeted action for nature along the Atlantic coast of Africa
Period: 25 days, spread over two months (May-June 2018)
BirdLife is the largest global partnership of 121 conservation NGOs that strives to conserve birds, their habitats and global biodiversity, working with people towards sustainability in the use of natural resources. The BirdLife Africa Partnership is a growing network of 25 organisations and active in a further 15 countries, hence overall working in a total of 39 African countries.
BirdLife International is hiring a consultant to conduct an independent end of project evaluation to objectively assess the overall impact of the project, draw lessons learned that could be replicated in future projects, and the consultant is expected to contribute vital information for the final project report.
Methodology and deliverables expected from the evaluation
The Consultant will be expected to conduct an independent assessment of the CMB2 project, through performing the following activities and/or delivering the following:
• Review of key documentation and information relating to the CMB2 Project, its objectives, approach, implementation, project partners and project outcomes. This will require in-person visits to the national project partners in Guinea-Bissau, Mauritania and Senegal, as well as virtual meetings with other project stakeholders and partners are required;
• In close collaboration with the CMB2 Project Manager, design a project evaluation framework/approach (based on the project objectives, expected project outcomes and implementation), which will be used to guide the end of project evaluation exercise.
• Conduct the actual evaluation process, in close collaboration with the CMB2 Project Manager, the national and international project partners and other key stakeholders;
• Prepare and submit a final evaluation report based on the outcomes of the assessment process, in a suitable format to be approved by the CMB2 Project Manager and which will facilitate feeding into the final project report. The consultant should then incorporate any necessary feedback into a final report,
The consultant must:
• Have a background in biodiversity and conservation /related subject
• Have demonstrable experience with result-based management evaluation methodologies,
• Have strong analytical skills
• Have demonstrated expertise in qualitative evaluation methodologies,
• Have demonstrable experience of preparing quality final evaluation reports in English
• Have experience in capacity building project evaluation, national NGO coaching and be familiar with West Africa region.
Languages: excellent skills in both spoken and written French are required, and good knowledge of English is strongly recommended.
Consultants meeting the specified requirements should email their tender to BirdLife International at firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 10 May, 2018.
This tender should be comprised of the following:
• Technical and financial offer
• Cover page, explaining why you are the most suitable candidate for the work
• Curriculum Vitae of not more than 3 pages, specifying the candidate’s past experience in relevant field/area and the required competences, as well as two professional references (including one former client who can testify to the candidate’s work).