Thursday, 24. June 2021 - 23:45
BirdLife International Africa is a Partnership of 22 national conservation organisations and a leader in bird conservation. Our unique local to global approach enables us to deliver high impact and long term conservation for the benefit of nature and people.
BirdLife Dakar office is one of the six regional Secretariats that compose BirdLife International, the global authority on the status of bird species. Based in Dakar, it supports the African Partnership and is present in 22 countries in Africa.
Overall purpose of the internship
The selected intern will work in the Communications team, based in the Dakar office, providing support to a range of communication tasks with a focus on graphic designing and communication materials for fundraising.
IMPORTANT: Only Senegalese nationals or those who can legally work in Senegal can be accepted for this position.
1. Assist in BirdLife Africa MAVA funded projects profiling by development and design of content to be used in various collateral including infographics, brochures, and presentations.
2. Work with social media specialists to create compelling and shareable visuals such as short videos to profile MAVA funded programme work.
3. Assist in the development of various material including training material to support MAVA funded programmes.
4. Assist in the development of various material to support fundraising and donor communications.
5. Assist in development of content including MAVA funded programme portfolio stories for the BirdLife website.
6. Assist with other duties that may be assigned by the Line Manager.
Qualifications: information and communication science
• A relevant Bachelor or Master’s degree in communications, journalism or related field.
• Pre: Basic knowledge of conservation issues
• Pre: Previous experience designing and producing communication materials.
• Intermediate Adobe Creative Suite (Indesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator) skills;
• Excellent Microsoft Office Skills;
• Strong grasp of social media management and campaign development;
• Experience with CMS management or website maintenance preferred
Personal and social skills:
• Good in written French and English with strong storytelling skills
• Strong editing, and proof-reading skills, including attention to detail
• Strong design skills and aesthetic sense
• Experience in the non-profit or international development sector is a plus;
• Demonstrates initiative and ability to work independently and as a member of a team to meet program needs;
This internship is for a period of 6 months, with possible extension of 6 months, depending on funding. It is anticipated that it will to run from July 2021 to December 2021.
500 euros per month
How to apply:
Please submit a CV and a comprehensive cover letter (all in English) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only applications with a max 1 A4 page CV and a 1 page personal letter will be considered.
Please include in the email subject: Communications Intern-Dakar office
Closing date: 24 June 2021.