Thursday, 5. March 2020 - 23:45
• Location: Brussels, Belgium
• Full time: 37.5 hours per week
• Contract: 6 month contract
• Salary: €1000
• Start date: First week of April
BirdLife Europe and Central Asia (ECA) is a Partnership of 47 national conservation organisations and a leader in bird conservation. Our unique local to global approach enables us to deliver high impact and long-term conservation for the benefit of nature and people.
BirdLife ECA is one of the six regional Secretariats that compose BirdLife International, the global authority on the status of bird species. Based in Brussels, it supports the European and Central Asian Partnership and is present in 46 countries including all EU Member States.
With more than 4.100 staff in Europe, 2 million members and tens of thousands of skilled volunteers, BirdLife Europe and Central Asia, together with its national Partners, owns or manages more than 6,000 nature sites totalling 320 000 hectares.
The selected Trainee will work in the Communications Department, giving support to work on a range of issues on the protection of birds & their habitats, and more specifically on marine ecosystems and seabird bycatch.
- Support the communication team with everyday tasks including content development and planning, social media activities, and media monitoring
- Assist national partners with queries and requests
- Creation and development of databases, photo libraries, and other creative resources
- Take notes and prepare reports
- Perform other tasks at the direction of the Head of Communications to support team members
PROFILE OF THE INTERN
Qualification: Educational Qualifications/Vocational Training
• At least a relevant Bachelor’s Degree underway
• Passionate about environmental issues; in particular related to the marine environment
• Previous knowledge or experience with creating communication materials and/or campaigning
• Previous knowledge about posting, scheduling and creating social media content
• Basic knowledge of the structure of the EU and European politics
• High levels of flexibility, dedication and sense of responsibility
• Well-organised and with attention to detail
• Fluent English
• EU citizen – or have the right to work in the EU
Personal and Social Skills
Good team work skills, ability to work independently and take initiatives. Well-developed social skills. Outgoing and communicative. Ability to work in an International environment.
Excellent English speaking & writing skills. Knowledge of any other European language is welcomed.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a CV and a comprehensive cover letter (all in English) to: email@example.com
Only applications with a max 1 A4 page CV and a 1 page personal letter will be considered.
Please include in the email subject: Communications Intern
Closing date: Thursday 5th March 2020.
Please consider that applications received after the closing date will be automatically discarded.
Shortlisting is based on CV and cover letter. Please note that due to the large number of expected applications only successful candidates will be contacted.
Interviews will take place on the 11th of March 2020.