Thursday, 24. January 2019 - 23:30
BirdLife ECA is a Partnership of 47 national conservation organisations and a leader in bird conservation. Our unique local to global approach enables us to deliver high impact and long term conservation for the benefit of nature and people.
BirdLife ECA is one of the six regional Secretariats that compose BirdLife International, the global authority on the status of bird species. Based in Brussels, it supports the European and Central Asian Partnership and is present in 46 countries including all EU Member States.
With more than 4.100 staff in Europe, 2 million members and tens of thousands of skilled volunteers, BirdLife Europe and Central Asia, together with its national Partners, owns or manages more than 6,000 nature sites totalling 320 000 hectares.
2 OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The selected Trainee will work in the Communications Department, giving support to work on a range of issues on the protection of birds & their habitats, and more specifically on the upcoming European Parliament elections.
- Provide support for the communication campaign focusing on the European Parliamentary elections
- Assist and liaise with national partners on their election activities
- Support the communication team with everyday tasks including content development and planning, social media activities, and news monitoring.
- Perform other tasks at the direction of the Head of Communications to support team members
- Take notes and prepare reports
4 PROFILE OF THE INTERN
Qualification: Educational Qualifications/Vocational Training
• At least a relevant Bachelor’s Degree underway
• Passionate about environmental issues
• Previous knowledge or experience with creating communication materials and/or campaigning
• Basic knowledge of the structure of the EU and European politics
• High levels of flexibility, dedication and sense of responsibility
• Well-organised and with attention to detail
• Fluent English: knowledge of eastern European language
• EU citizen – or have the right to work in the EU
Personal and Social Skills
Good team work skills, ability to work independently and take initiatives. Well-developed social skills. Outgoing and communicative. Ability to work in an International environment.
Excellent English speaking & writing skills. Knowledge of any other European language, particularly eastern European languages, welcomed
5 WHAT WE OFFER
We offer a 6 month paid internship.
Starting day: at soon as possible
6 HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a CV and a comprehensive cover letter (all in English) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only applications with a max 1 A4 page CV and a 1 page personal letter will be considered.
Please include in the email subject: Communications Intern
Closing date: 24th January 2019.
Interviews will take place on a rolling basis. We encourage you to apply early. Please consider that applications received after the closing date will be automatically discarded.
Shortlisting is based on CV and cover letter. Please note that due to the large number of expected applications only successful candidates will be contacted.