Friday, 31. August 2018 - 23:45
BirdLife Europe and Central Asia, in Brussels, is looking for a Communications Intern.
BirdLife ECA is a Partnership of 47 national conservation organisations and a leader in bird conservation. Our unique local to global approach enables us to deliver high impact and long term conservation for the benefit of nature and people.
BirdLife ECA is one of the six regional Secretariats that compose BirdLife International, the global authority on the status of bird species. Based in Brussels, it supports the European and Central Asian Partnership and is present in 46 countries including all EU Member States.
With more than 4.100 staff in Europe, 2 million members and tens of thousands of skilled volunteers, BirdLife Europe and Central Asia, together with its national Partners, owns or manages more than 6,000 nature sites totalling 320 000 hectares.
2 OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The selected Trainee will work in the Communications Department, giving support to work on a range of issues on the protection of birds & their habitats, and more specifically on Flyways and the Illegal Killing of Birds
- Support the development of narratives on 7 iconic species, the 5 Mediterranean killing hotspots;
- Perform research on the species, and other relevant topics, how they have been represented creatively in video, literature, music etc., and how these representations might be adapted appropriately;
- Work with local partners to collect their creative content & help prepare their own local content;
- Perform other tasks at the direction of the Head of Communications to support team members;
- Support the execution of the Global Partnership Meeting;
- Creation of databases, development of photo libraries, and other creative resources;
- Take notes and prepare reports.
4 PROFILE OF THE INTERN
Qualification: Educational Qualifications/Vocational Training
• At least a relevant Bachelor’s Degree underway;
• Basic knowledge of environmental issues;
• High levels of flexibility, dedication and sense of responsibility;
• Well organized and with attention to detail;
• Previous experience designing and producing communication materials, social media.
Personal and Social Skills
Good team work skills, ability to work independently and take initiatives. Well-developed social skills. Outgoing and communicative. Ability to work in an International environment.
Command of Microsoft Office package and main web-based applications, familiar with graphic design skills and software software.
Good written English. Other EU languages will be an asset.
5 WHAT WE OFFER
We offer a 6 month paid internship.
Starting day: at soon as possible
6 HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a CV and a comprehensive cover letter (all in English) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only applications with a max 1 A4 page CV and a 1 page personal letter will be considered.
Please include in the email subject: Communications Intern
Closing date: 31st August 2018. Please consider that applications received after the closing date will be automatically discarded.
Shortlisting is based on CV and cover letter. Please note that due to the large number of expected applications only successful candidates will be contacted.