BirdLife International is the world’s largest nature conservation partnership, and about to celebrate its 100th anniversary. We are looking for people who would like to play a part in supporting the events around this momentous occasion.
BirdLife International is the world’s largest nature conservation partnership, and about to celebrate its 100th anniversary. We are looking for people who would like to play a part in supporting the events around this momentous occasion. If you are interested in getting involved in any of the following activities between now and September, please get in touch by sending an email to [email protected] with ‘Volunteer-World Congress’ in the subject line. Please attach a current CV and outline your availability, relevant experience and the areas you are interested in helping with.
- Support the events team with queries regarding booking accommodation
- Be available on the 11th and12th September at Jesus College to help arriving delegates with finding their rooms.
- Acting as a point of contact between the delegates, events team and Jesus College Accommodation
- Liaise with the transport companies to organise pick up locations, timings and number of people booked for the London Conference and Field Excursions
- Be available on the 11th, 15th and 16th to ensure that pick up and drop off for delegates go smoothly.
- Act as a contact point between the events team and transport company
Help Desks Coordinator:
- Participate in training with the events team for detailed information regarding the event logistics of the World Congress
- Support the volunteer coordinator as an additional contact point for volunteers with questions
- Coordinate shifts for manning the Help desks throughout the BirdLife World Congress
- Run the Help Desks- supporting with late registrations, questions, directions and general support to delegates throughout the event.
- Support the Event Team with final logistics with catering – updating number of participants, confirming timings etc.
- Act as a contact point for the catering teams during the World Congress and liaise with the events team for any issues
- Support the events team with room set up before and during the World Congress
- Direct volunteers with room set up changes during breaks
- Act as a contact point between session leaders, the venue and the events team.
Coordinator, minutes and reporting:
- Ensure each session has minute takers
- Collate inputs from session leaders to go into the Chairman’s report
- Convene team to review draft chairman’s report
- Collecting and ensuring presentations for in person delivery and recordings are available and working
- Organising meetings for participants, specific groups
- Updating documents when changes in the Programme occur.
- Collating action points from side meetings where appropriate
We are looking for volunteers with:
- A good understanding of Microsoft Excel
- Experience in event organisation
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Time to dedicate to the work
- A positive and pro-active approach