Lead Software Developer
We are looking for someone to head up a small team of developers, to take responsibility for design, build, implementation and support of BirdLife International’s business and conservation systems.
Cambridge, UK with the option to work flexibly
35 hours per week
£55,000 pro rata plus competitive 12% pension benefit
25 days pro rata in year 1, increasing by 1 day pa to 28 days
BirdLife International is the world’s largest nature conservation partnership. Through our unique local-to-global approach, we deliver high impact and long-term conservation for the benefit of nature and people.
We are looking for someone to head up a small team of developers, to take responsibility for design, build, implementation and support of BirdLife International’s business and conservation systems. You will work with the business and other technical teams to understand complex and wide-ranging business and technical requirements and to specify, design and select technology solutions that meet those requirements. You will propose resourcing options for development and ongoing support to business/conservation systems, ensuring development projects are delivered on time and on-budget.
The ideal candidate will have
- Extensive experience and exposure to business analysis, solution architecture, Scrum and / or Agile working practices
- Experience of SQL and RDBMS technology (PostgreSQL, MSQL, TSQL)
- Experience of integrating front-end and back-end components.
- Experience of Linux system architecture/administration and supporting network architecture.
- Experience with database development and CI/CD pipelines
- Experience in agile ways of working and the associated tools.
- Excellent communication skills, technical concepts, and process to cross audience
- Proven ability to manage multiple IT projects
- Proven ability to motivate and guide a small busy team
See the full job description
Application: Applications should include a covering letter summarising the applicant’s suitability for the position, a detailed CV and contact details of two referees known to the applicant in a professional capacity. Applications should be sent by email, stating where the advert was seen, to: [email protected] marking your application with “Lead Software Developer” in the subject line.
Shortlisting for this role will take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once a suitable applicant has been appointed.
Interviews: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.