Biodiversity Conservation Manager (Grasslands)
We are looking for someone to develop (strategically, technically and through fundraising) and manage, in line with the Americas Regional Programme and the overall BirdLife Global Strategy, the implementation of the Southern Cone Grasslands Alliance.
12 November 2021
Buenos Aires, Argentina
6 months consultancy services with the possibility for indefinite
USD 24.000 per annum dependant on skills and experience
21 days pro rata per annum in year 1, increasing by 1-day pa to 25 days
BirdLife International is the world’s largest nature conservation partnership. Through our unique local-to-global approach, we deliver high impact and long-term conservation for the benefit of nature and people.
We are looking for someone to develop (strategically, technically and through fundraising) and manage, in line with the Americas Regional Programme and the overall BirdLife Global Strategy, the implementation of the Southern Cone Grasslands Alliance. The primary responsibilities will include:
- Leading the implementation of the Southern Cone Natural Grasslands Business Plan
- Overseeing the implementation and management of an agreed portfolio of Americas projects under the Hemispheric Grasslands Alliance initiative
- Fundraising for/ providing input necessary for the development of funding proposals
- Facilitating information and lessons learn sharing between partners in the region
- Supporting National Coordinators to lead their governance bodies at the national level
- Providing strategic and technical support to BirdLife Partners
- Supporting the Americas Secretariat team, Partnership and Regional Council
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Masters or PhD in Biodiversity Conservation, Natural Resources Management Agronomy or related areas or equivalent experience
- A good knowledge of birds, their habitats and priority sites in the Americas
- An understanding of key regional, political, conservation and development issues
- A proven track record on sustainable production, biodiversity conservation and development fundraising, strategic planning, program and project development and management of conservation project, preferably at international level
Application: Applications should include a covering letter summarising the applicant’s suitability for the position, a detailed CV and contact details of two referees known to the applicant in a professional capacity. Applications should be sent by email, stating where the advert was seen, to: [email protected] marking your application with “Biodiversity Conservation Manager (Grasslands)” in the subject line.
Interviews: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be on third week of November in three consecutive days from November 17 to 19, 2021.