Associate Director of Development – Corporate and Foundation Relations (CFR)
We are looking for someone to manage a portfolio of foundation and corporate donors and build strong relationships.
Monday, 09 May 2022
$US 125,000-135,000 per year plus competitive benefits
BirdLife International is the world’s largest nature conservation partnership. Through our unique local-to-global approach, we deliver high impact and long-term conservation for the benefit of nature and people. With cutting edge science, strategic policy advocacy, and dynamic communications, BirdLife bends the arc on the devastating climate and biodiversity trajectories.
We are looking for someone to manage a portfolio of foundation and corporate donors and build strong relationships. The candidate will understand, develop, and apply complex principles of developing donor strategies as well as take responsibility for direct asks to both global and regional priorities to meet funding needs.
This person will report to the Chief Development Officer and work closely with the global development team to plan, implement, and coordinate effective multi-year strategies for leading institutional gift prospects, including corporate and foundation donors.
The ideal candidate will have
- Ability to design and manage fundraising plans, including individualized cultivation, solicitation and recognition plans.
- Ability to determine a foundation or company’s interests, capacity and potential for helping BirdLife meet its goals, and act appropriately to tie those interests with BirdLife’s work.
- Proven ability to negotiate complex, high profile or sensitive agreements.
- Experience working in a large and matrixed non-profit organization.
- Demonstrated experience using listening, diplomacy and tact to build strong relationships and motivate donors and volunteers.
- Demonstrated capacity in written and oral presentations. Experience with PowerPoint is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
- Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience appreciated.
- Bachelor’s degree and significant related experience on corporate sales, business development, and/or foundation fundraising or an equivalent combination.
Application: Applications should include a cover letter summarizing the applicant’s suitability for the position, a detailed CV and contact details of two referees known to the applicant in a professional capacity. Applications should be sent by email, stating where the advert was seen, to: [email protected] marking your application with “Associate Director of Development – Corporate and Foundation Relations (CFR)” in the subject line.
Shortlisting for this role will take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once a suitable applicant has been appointed.
Interviews: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.