1st Line IT Support Engineer
We are looking for a highly motivated person to provide technical services and technology support to our internal users within our organisation globally.
Thursday, 9 December 2021
35 hours per week
£18,000 to £20,000 per annum (dependant on skills and experience) plus competitive 12% pension benefit
25 days pro rata per annum in year 1, increasing by 1 day pa to 28 days
BirdLife International is the world’s largest nature conservation partnership. Through our unique local-to-global approach, we deliver high impact and long-term conservation for the benefit of nature and people.
This role is responsible for providing technical services and technology support to our internal users within our organisation globally. Additionally the role is one to support, manage and maintain the organisations global server infrastructure and underlying systems.
The applicant will be responsible for the research and development of best practices for BirdLife’s IT infrastructure working with other functions within the organisation to ensure continued service availability.
We are looking for an individual who will demonstrate competence in their own area, who can work with suitable supervision and mentoring guidance and manage and prioritise their own workload. Someone who is extremely approachable, flexible and ‘hands on’ with great attention to detail. No support task should be too small or too large without suitable time and consideration.
The role requires a highly motivated, focused and ambitious individual to ensure our users receive exemplary service at all times.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Good general education
- Familiarity with Microsoft based PCs, any networking experience would be advantageous
- Good understanding of IT fundamentals
- Knowledge of Windows desktop operating systems
- It would be advantageous to have familiarity with one or more high level programming or scripting languages: PowerShell, VB, C, Java Script, HTML, PHP etc
- Familiarity of Office 365 or other cloud based solutions would be an advantage
- Ability to work to own initiative and to problem solve in a logical and analytical manner
- Excellent attention to detail
- Fluent in spoken and written English
See the full job description.
Application: Applications should include a covering letter summarising the applicant’s suitability for the position, a detailed CV and contact details of two referees known to the applicant in a professional capacity. Applications should be sent by email, stating where the advert was seen, to: [email protected] marking your application with ‘1st Line Support Engineer’ in the subject line.
Interviews: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be held
week commencing 13 December 2021 via Zoom.