Cuba - Centro Nacional de Áreas Protegidas (CNAP)
Mission of the organisation
To provide a professional centre for the effective planning and integrated management of the National System of Protected Areas in Cuba (SNAP).
- Identify areas in need of protection
- Certify Management Plans
- Advocate legislation required for SNAP
- Promote International collaboration in the development of conservation projects
- Implementation of seven projects given international support. The most important of these being the UNEP-GEF funs “Strengthening of National System of Protected Areas”
- Working on the publications Cuban IBAs
- Two projects in the IBA sites of Turquino-Bayamesa and Zapata Swamp.