Birdfair 2019 Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
- The Promoter of this prize draw is BirdLife International, a company limited by guarantee and a registered UK charity whose address is at the David Attenborough Building, Pembroke Street, Cambridge CB2 3QZ. The prize has been donated by Rockjumper Birding Limited, Unit 12/13, River View Commercial Centre, Les Gorges Road, Black River, Mauritius 90624.
- The prize draw is open to all UK residents aged 18 years or over, except employees of the Promoter (or of any associated BirdLife Secretariat offices worldwide), employees of Rockjumper Birding Limited, their families, and any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw.
- The prize draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
- All entries must be submitted to the Promoter’s stand at Birdfair 2019 and only one entry per household is permitted.
- The closing date of the prize draw is 5.00pm on Sunday 18th August 2019. Entries received after this time will not be counted.
- A winner will be chosen by random draw, administered by Rockjumper in the presence of a third party adjudicator, on 31 August 2019 ("Draw Date")
- The winner will receive a place on Rockjumper’s “Cambodia Angkor Wat, Giant Ibis & Rare Vultures” tour on 7-17 February 2021. For more information, visit https://www.rockjumperbirding.com/tourinfo/cambodia-angkor-wat-giant-ibis-rare-vultures-2021. The Prize includes tour arrangements but excludes all flights, tourist visas, vaccinations and travel insurance required to travel to Cambodia. Any other expenditure items not detailed within the Tour will be the responsibility of the Winners.
- The winner will be notified by email (using details provided at entry) by Monday 2 September 2019 and must provide a postal address to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to the Promoter within seven (7) days of being notified by the Promoter, then the winner's prize will be forfeited and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
- The prize for the winner is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered. However, if for any reason the stated tour cannot go ahead, the winner shall be offered an alternative tour of equivalent value by Rockjumper.
- The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- The Promoter must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation the Promoter will send the surname and county of the prize winner to anyone who emails email@example.com or writes to Sarah Proud at the address stated above (enclosing a self-addressed envelope) within one month after the draw date stated in paragraph 6. If you object to any or all of your surname, county and winning entry being published or made available, please contact the Promoter. In such circumstances, the Promoter must still provide the information and winning entry to the UK’s Advertising Standards Authority on request.
- Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.