Our Vision, Mission and Commitment
The BirdLife Partnership wishes to see a world where nature and people live in greater harmony, more equitably and sustainably.
The BirdLife Partnership strives to conserve birds, their habitats and global biodiversity, working with people towards sustainability in the use of natural resources.
- To prevent extinctions in the wild
- To maintain and where possible improve the conservation status of all bird species
- To conserve the sites and habitats important for birds and other biodiversity
- To sustain the vital ecological systems that underpin human livelihoods, and enrich the quality of people's lives
- In the process, BirdLife will empower people and contribute to the alleviation of poverty, and strive to ensure sustainability in the use of natural resources
“The work of BirdLife allows whole areas to be protected and preserved—unique areas of the globe whose importance is key both for our survival and for our knowledge of the world. I am particularly pleased that my Foundation—whose commitment to biodiversity and protection of the planet—is a faithful partner of BirdLife International, and has signed a framework partnership allowing our efforts to be united and our approaches to be shared on several projects throughout the world.” His Serene Highness Prince Albert II of Monaco, Species Champion for Northern Bald Ibis
Our strategy, developed bottom up by the BirdLife Partnership, directly supports the commitment of the world’s governments to take urgent and effective action to halt the loss of biodiversity.
Our strategy has four pillars which, taken together, are BirdLife’s approach to conservation
- Save Species
- Conserve Sites and Habitats
- Encourage Ecological Sustainability
- Enable Positive Change through People
Each strategic pillar is underpinned by two to three strategic objectives.
|Enable Positive Change through People|
Identify, conserve, restore and monitor the sites and habitats important for birds and other biodiversity
Promote resilient ecological networks
Demonstrate and advocate nature’s values
Next page: How we are effective